Deviled eggs are sort of like the redheaded stepchild of every picnic. The recipe has been unchanged for generations and it’s boring and uninspired. Well, no more. All Recipes has come up with a deviled egg that is truly devilish. By following the instructions in this video, you’ll learn how to make deviled eggs absolutely delectable!
Rather than the overdone pickles and mayo combo, this recipe uses jalapeño, bacon and cheddar. Let’s just repeat that for emphasis. Jalapeño. Bacon. Cheddar. Yup. Those are going to be glorious. There will be none of these left if you bring them to your next potluck or picnic.
The video explains how to make deviled eggs that will absolutely disappear as soon as they’re served.
- 12 Eggs
- 4 slices of bacon
- 3 jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup red onion (minced)
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- Boil and peel eggs.
- Slice eggs lengthwise, remove yolks, place in mixing bowl and set aside.
- Cook bacon, drain, crumble.
- Remove the stems and seeds from jalapeños, mince one and slice the remaining two.
- Mash egg yolks in with minced jalapeño, add cheese, mayo, onion and mustard. You may add more mayo as needed if you prefer creamier deviled eggs.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg halves.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and sliced jalapeño.
Serve and enjoy!