The King Ranch Casserole is a staple in Texas, and is the epitome of Tex-Mex deliciousness. Many people believe the origin of the dish has to do with the King Ranch in Kingsville, Texas, but according to the ranch owner’s wife, that’s not the case. We may not know where it came from, but we’re sure glad to have it. We’re also glad to have this scrumptious King Ranch Casserole recipe from Food Wishes.
The recipe for King Ranch Casseroles is pretty standard, but Food Wishes made a couple of changes that make a lot of difference. For instance, usually recipes call for raw onion and peppers, but in this recipe, a quick two-minute sauté adds extra flavor.
- Meat from one cooked chicken
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle
- 1 teaspoon salt, maybe
For more details on this King Ranch Casserole recipe, head to Food Wishes.