We’re just a month away from a new Kenny Chesney album, and we’re finally getting the track list and cover art. Cosmic Hallelujah, previously titled Some Town Somewhere, is set to be released on Oct. 28. It will feature 11 songs written by Kenny Chesney and some big-name songwriters.
“I’ve been blessed with some of the best songs out there,” shares Chesney in a press release. “Some songs written, actually, just for this album by writers whose work I’ve loved for years.”
The album was scheduled to drop this summer, but Chesney pushed the release date to record “Setting the World on Fire.” The track is a duet with pop star Pink and his second single from the forthcoming album.
“Sure, it would be easier to just leave everything on schedule,” Chesney explains. “But when you have something you know is great, and it captures the best part of being alive, why wouldn’t you slow down enough to make it happen in the moment?”
Kenny Chesney’s Cosmic Hallelujah Track Listing:
1. “Trip Around the Sun” (Nick Brophy/Brett James/Hillary Lindsey)
2. “All the Pretty Girls” (Nicolle Galyon/Tommy Lee James/Josh Osborne)
3. “Setting the World On Fire” ft. Pink (Ross Copperman/Matt Jenkins/Josh Osborne)
4. “Noise” (Kenny Chesney/Ross Copperman/Shane McAnally/Jon Nite)
5. “Bucket” (Brett James/Craig Wiseman)
6. “Bar at the End of the World” (J. T. Harding/Aimee Mayo/David Lee Murphy)
7. “Some Town Somewhere” (Ross Copperman/Heather Morgan/Josh Osborne)
8. “Rich and Miserable” (Jesse Frasure/Shane McAnally/Josh Osborne)
9. “Jesus and Elvis” (Matraca Berg/Hayes Carll/Allison Moorer)
10. “Winnebago” (David Lee Murphy)
11. “Coach” (Kenny Chesney/Casey Beathard)