Jake Owen is giving fans a look into his sunny new outlook on life with his fifth studio album, American Love.
Set for release on July 29, Owen’s latest project is the result of a year full of soul-searching and rediscovery.
“This record has been very enlightening because I found myself through the songs. I got back to basics with American Love,” he said in a press release. “This is me, this is what I want to say and this is what I want people to remember me for.”
Owen took a more hands-on approach for American Love, acting as producer for the very first time on three of the tracks. Chris Stapleton and Hillary Lindsey, who are also credited songwriters on the release, make special appearances on the album.
The Florida native says he hopes that fans will get a glimpse into the events that changed his life and outlook on the future.
“Over the past few years I’ve experienced the unexpected,” he explained. “My Dad received a cancer diagnosis and I, unfortunately, went through a divorce. People probably thought I would record songs that reflected those difficult times, but I found myself gravitating to songs that had more of a positive vibe and actually made me feel better by singing them. Music truly does seem to help the healing process.”
Jake Owen’s American Love Track Listing:
1. American Love (Jaren Johnston/Luke Laird)
2. After Midnight (Rodney Dale Clawson/Matt Dragstrem/Shane McAnally)
3. Where I Am (Ross Copperman/Hillary Lindsey/Shane McAnally)
4. Everybody Dies Young (Ross Copperman/Shane McAnally/Josh Osborne/Scott Stepakoff)
5. VW Van (Paul Reter/Brent Stenzel)
6. Good Company (Matt Alderman/Tommy Cecil/Jared Mullins)
7. LAX (Nathan Chapman/Andrew Dorff/Jake Owen)
8. If He Ain’t Gonna Love You (Luke Laird/Shane McAnally/Chris Stapleton)
9. When You Love Someone (Blair Daly/Hillary Lindsey/Sean McConnell)
10. You Ain’t Going Nowhere (Ross Copperman/Dallas Davidson/Ashley Gorley)
11. American Country Love Song (Ross Copperman/Ashley Gorley/Jaren Johnston)