Few Texas Longhorn football players are as revered as former quarterback Vince Young. Young is probably best remembered for bringing the Horns a last-second, nail-biting National Championship win over the University of Southern California in 2006.
The steakhouse that bears the name of one of UT’s favorite football stars is no less stellar. Some incredible dishes from the Vince Young Steakhouse in downtown Austin include mouth-watering, jumbo lump crab cakes with jalapeño aioli. We just happen to have their famous crab cake recipe right here.
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 lemon
- 2 roasted jalapenos (deseeded)
- ¼ bunch of cilantro
- Blend in blender
- Serve over crab cakes (see below)
Crab Cake Recipe
- 4 – 1 lb cans jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 shallots, minced
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 8 oz jalapeno aioli
- 1 ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- A couple of pinches of salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except crab meat together in a large bowl.
- Mix in the crab meat last, careful to not break up the pieces.
- Form into cake sized portions.
- Pan fry until lightly browned
- Serve with jalapeno aioli and enjoy!
- Smear a small portion of Jalapeno aioli on the plate; set the rest aside
- Place the finished crab cake on top of the aioli
- Finish off with fresh greens (optional)