This recipe takes everything you love about breakfast casserole and condenses it into muffin form. These breakfast cups are super easy to make, tasty to eat and you can snack on them all week long, if you keep them in a ziploc bag or tupperware container. And, you probably have most of the ingredients in your fridge and cupboard right now. Learn how to make these delicious breakfast casserole muffins below
– 2 pieces whole-wheat sandwich bread
– 1 egg/muffin desired
– salt and pepper to taste
– 4 oz. grated cheese, sharp cheddar recommended
– 1/2 lb. cooked and crumbled bacon
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
– Cut the sandwich bread into half inch squares and evenly distribute them on the bottom of the muffin cups.
– In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup that has a pour spout thoroughly whisk together the eggs Add a few dashes of salt and pepper if desired.
– Cook and crumble bacon.
– Evenly distribute the egg mixture into each muffin cup. It’s okay if the bread pieces float to the top.
– Sprinkle an equal amount of both the grated cheese and the crumbled bacon into each muffin cup on top of the egg mixture.
– Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
– Enjoy or freeze (in-between sheets of wax paper) for another day!
See how they’re made in the video below: