You’ve probably bought hot sauce most of your life without giving much thought to making it until now. The good news: it’s super easy to make. This hot sauce recipe uses jalapeños and serrano peppers as a base. To make this hot sauce, you’ll need a blender and a strainer.
-5 cloves garlic
-1/2 tsp olive oil
-1 lb jalapeños
-1/2 lb serrano peppers
-1/2 lb carrots
-1/2 lb roma tomatoes, chopped
-2 cups water
-1 c white vinegar
-1 tbsp sugar
-1 tbsp salt
-1 lime, juiced
1. Saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant.
2. Add onions, carrots, and water to pot. Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
3. Add to blender while hot and add salt and sugar. Blend until liquid, set aside.
4. Cut tops from peppers, and add to blender with white vinegar. Blend.
5. Add chopped tomatoes to blender. Blend.
6. Add whiskey to taste preference. Blend.
7. Taste for heat here, so you know how many seeds to strain out of hot sauce.
8. Strain pepper liquid into bowl using fine mesh strainer. Repeat.
9. Strain carrot mixture into same bowl.
10. Add juice of one lime or to taste.
11. Store in jars or hot sauce bottles. Enjoy!