Yes, it’s really true. George Strait is back.
In an exclusive partnership with Walmart and Apple Music, Strait will release Cold Beer Conversation this Friday, Sept. 25. The title track of the album will be released as his first single to country airwaves tomorrow (Sept. 23). The 13-track release features songs written by some of the biggest songwriters in country, including Shane McAnally, Brandy Clark, and George’s own son, Bubba. Fans can currently pre-order the album on iTunes.
If that news wasn’t enough, fans will also be able to see their favorite performer hit the stage one more time. During a live stream on his official website, Strait announced that he will perform at the Las Vegas Arena, a brand new $350 million, 20,000-seat venue for four dates. He’s currently scheduled to perform on April 22, April 23, Sept. 9 and Sept 10 with support from Kacey Musgraves. Tickets range in cost from $75 to $200 and will be available on Oct. 2 starting at 10AM PT through StraitToVegas.com.
The track listing for Cold Beer Conversation is as follows:
1. “It Was Love” (Keith Gattis)
2. “Cold Beer Conversation” (Al Anderson, Ben Hayslip and Jimmy Yeary)
3. “Let It Go” (George Strait, Bubba Strait and Keith Gattis)
4. “Goin’ Goin’ Gone” (Wyatt Earp and Keith Gattis)
5. “Something Going Down” (Jamey Johnson and Tom Shapiro)
6. “Take Me to Texas” (Brandy Clark and Shane McAnally)
7. “It Takes All Kinds” (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Bob Regan and Wil Nance)
8. “Stop and Drink” (Dale Dodson and Troy Jones)
9. “Everything I See” (George Strait, Bubba Strait, Dean Dillon and Keith Gattis)
10. “Rock Paper Scissors” (Casey Beathard, Monty Criswell and Bubba Strait)
11. “Wish You Well” (Clint Daniels, Jeff Hyde and Brice Long)
12. “Cheaper Than a Shrink” (Bill Anderson, Buddy Cannon and Jamey Johnson)
13. “Even When I Can’t Feel It” (Dean Dillon, Ben Hayslip and Lee Miller)