You thought your upbringing was pretty normal until you moved away from home for the first time and found out they do things a little bit differently in the big city. If you’re more accustomed to tractors and cattle than stilettos and subways, this list is for you.
1. You classify driving around as a pastime.
2. You spent many evenings in the parking lot of a closed business establishment with a dozen other teenagers.
3. You think Wranglers are always in fashion.
4. You participated in 4h or FFA or both.
5. You, and everyone you knew, drove a truck.
6. You started driving when you were 14 and got your license at 15.
7. As soon as you got your truck you took it mudding, or to do donuts in an abandoned parking lot.
8. You’re used to having a dirty truck because of all the dirt roads you have to drive down.
9. You spent every Friday night at the football stadium in the Fall.
10. You spent almost every Friday night during other seasons at a basketball or baseball game.
11. You spent every Saturday morning hunting (depending on the season, deer, dove, hog, etc.)
12. You spent every Sunday morning in church.
13. You’re used to everyone gossiping about your love life when you date someone from in town, which is why you usually tried to date people from out of town.
14. Everyone you knew showed up to watch the parades on special occasions like 4th of July.
15. There were around 100 people (or fewer) in your graduating class.
16. “I’m driving into Dallas to go to Wal-Mart, y’all want to come?” is a standard invitation.
17. Your first job if you’re a guy was something physical like making hay bales, working at a stockyard, or running barbed wire fences.
18. If you’re a girl, you probably worked at the gas station, Dairy Queen, or as a lifeguard.
19. Getting up early is no big deal, because you had to get up early to feed the animals your whole life.
20. You think it’s normal for people to marry their high school sweetheart.
21. You’re always surprised to find a business open on a Sunday.
22. Things that are trendy elsewhere took five extra years to become trendy in your hometown.
23. If you’re a girl you get dressed and fix your hair and makeup even to go to the grocery store because if you’re seen in public looking a mess the whole town hears about it before you get home.
24. Everyone has overalls, and actually wears them.
25. If you’re weird, you have learned to pretend to be normal in public.
26. The biggest store in your hometown was a Dollar General.
27. You didn’t know it was illegal to drive with an open beer in your console until you moved away from home.
28. You think grocery shopping at a gas station is totally normal.
29. You have multiple camo print pieces in your wardrobe.
30. You think nothing of decorating with severed animal heads.