Here are just 30 of the reasons we can’t get enough of America’s country sweetheart.
It’s hard to believe it’s been 10 years since Carrie Underwood won American Idol and burst on the country scene with a blazing glory. It’s almost harder to believe that in all that time, she has yet to release a song or album that failed to top the charts. So just in case the Isaiah Mike Fisher should grow up to think mom isn’t very cool, here are 30 reasons why we will always love Carrie Underwood.
30. The girl can SING.
Let’s just be honest.
29. She’s smart, too.
Not only did she graduate with a degree in Broadcast Journalism – she graduated magna cum laude.
28. Simon Cowell loved her.
And now she’s the most successful American Idol winner…ever.
27. To date, she has had 18 #1 singles.
26. Of those, she co-wrote nine.
Not too shabby for a reality show contestant, eh?
25. She’s even been up for a Golden Globe.
Forget all those CMA, ACM, CMT and Grammy awards – she was in the running for Best Original Song of 2010 for her co-penned song, “There’s A Place For Us,” featured in The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. She didn’t win, but it was an honor to be nominated.
24. But despite her fame, she’s a normal girl with a real life and a desire for privacy. Giphy
Seriously, how often do you see her on the tabloid covers in the grocery checkout lane?
23. She finds any way to give back.
From Habitat for Humanity and St. Jude to her own C.A.T.S. Foundation, Carrie is always finding an opportunity to help others.
22. She loves animals.
21. She’s the kind of beautiful you want to hate, but can’t.
20. She was even cute with her self-proclaimed Idol-era “crunchy hair”.
19. Um, THOSE LEGS.
18. That color-changing dress she wore to perform at the 2013 Grammys.
Too. Cool. Oh yeah, and while we’re at it, let’s just lump in our love for basically everything else she’s ever worn.
17. She’s a sporty kind of girly-girl.
If you’ve ever seen her beast it up at a charity softball game during CMA Fest Week, you’ll understand.
16. She has own line of fitness wear, CALIA.
Because even if you don’t have the genetic fortune to look like Carrie Underwood, you can now. The line launched in Dick’s Sporting Goods stores earlier this month.
15. She really does love her fans.
Sometimes she even gives them their first kiss.
14. She makes getting back at your ex a totally viable thought…at least for the 3 ½ minutes the song is playing.
If Carrie can smash up his car with a baseball bat or conspire to kill with his mistress, we all can, right?
13. She’s got a dark side.
12. She’s got a silly side.
11. She’s got a rocker side.
If you have yet to see her rock out to “Paradise City,” please invest several minutes right now.
10. She’s not afraid to stand up for her beliefs.
Carrie has always been vocal about her Christian ideals and has shared her beliefs in hits such as “Jesus, Take the Wheel” and “Something in the Water”.
9. She’s not afraid to stand up for her hubby (literally).
If you ever get a chance to attend a Predators hockey game in Nashville, keep an eye out for Carrie cheering in the stands. She’s usually there.
8. But she’s also got a pretty good thing going with Brad Paisley.
7. And she’s co-hosted the CMA Awards with him seven times.
6. No stranger to primetime, she made history starring in the live televised production of The Sound of Music.
And I’m pretty sure she never even messed up.
5. She nabbed that coveted Sunday Night Football theme.
4. She gets along with her female competitors.
And even teamed up with Miranda Lambert in true Thelma and Louise style for their hit, “Somethin’ Bad”.
3. She was probably the cutest pregnant person, like, ever.
2. Follow her on Instagram (@carrieunderwood). You won’t regret it.
1. We just know she’s going to be an awesome mom.
Why? Let’s just revisit numbers 1 through 29 once again.