Here are 26 qualities of a true country gentleman.
Guys, let’s be honest – most women are waiting to be charmed into a first date. Now, before you come off as a total creep, run through this list of etiquette musts.
1. He opens the door for her
This includes a car door– sometimes you just need to go back to the basics.
2. Pays for the first date
It’s tough in a world of feminism, but still a nice gesture.
3. Smiles at people
4. Compliments how she looks
Country gentleman let a girl know when she looks nice.
5. Keeps his truck clean
There’s nothing wrong with a little mud on the tires. But if a lady can’t get into your car without crushing old McDonalds bags, you’ve got a problem.
6. Calls instead of texts
Country gentlemen aren’t shy.
7. Not afraid to wear a tie
A true country gentleman doesn’t mind cleaning up for the gal.
8. Answers the phone when mom calls
9. Respects his elders
10.Works harder than others
11. Has a good time anywhere
12. Doesn’t dress like a high school boy
Sure, you love tee shirts. But you have to grow up sometime.
13. Always tries to be honorable
You’re not perfect, but you should try to make the right decision is tough situations.
14. Gives up his seat at the bar
15. Can do basic car maintenance
Nothing is more attractive than a man who knows his way around an engine.
16. Carries the bags
17. Picks a girl up for the first date
18. Can actually cook a decent meal
You don’t have to be a chef, but at least know how to make some decent chicken and biscuits.
19. Is most comfortable outdoors
Your favorite places should be breathing in the fresh air.
20. Gets her home at a reasonable hour
At least this applies on the first date.
21. Surprises her with flowers
You don’t need an occasion to be sweet.
22. Gets to know the girls parents
This will go a long way if she turns out to be the one.
23. You’re not afraid of a little romance
Sure, you’re a tough guy. But you can make time for her favorite Nicholas Sparks film.
24. Brings home a hunt
Country gentlemen share their hunt with others.
25. Pulls out the chair for ladies
This doesn’t get old.
26. Doesn’t pick a fight
A real gentleman knows when to back down.