Being able to shop at H-E-B is just one of the many perks of being a Texan. The family-owned grocery chain has been delighting Texans for over 100 years, and it is one of the main things Texas expats miss the most after moving away:
H-E-B has been studied for its colossal success as a brand, and has been featured in publications like Forbes and Business Insider, among others. This is no ordinary grocery store, H-E-B is a culture. Without further ado, here are 15 ways H-E-B proved it really gets Texans.
15. When they made all those hilarious commercials that feature the Spurs:
14. When they knew that triangle-shaped tortilla chips just aren’t quite exciting enough.
You can’t seriously expect Texans to use a boring triangle chip, can you? No. Our salsa is much too important.
13. Because they don’t overcomplicate things.
12. The way they know hydration is vital in the lone star state.
Just in case you think that’s an optical illusion, check out the Big Sipper next to more puny, non Texas-sized tumblers.
11. The way they let you pick and choose your brews.
10. Because it’s probably the only place you can go and get everything you need for an epic Frio trip all in one place.
…and one of these:
9. When they made these awesome cookies:
I believe I knead some Texas-shaped cookies to go along with my Texas-shaped tortilla chips. H-E-B to the rescue!
8. Because they know Texans are not just regionally proud, we’re patriotic too.
I need an “I heart Texas” sign to go with my U.S.A. flag planter… where can I go to get both of these items?
7. Because sometimes you need a football with your groceries:
…and you can’t just settle for brown, what are we, cavemen? Hook ’em. Or Gig ’em, as the case may be.
6. When they stood in the gap for Blue Bell with some seriously delicious ice cream:
It doesn’t feel as much like cheating, because it’s H-E-B. Plus, seriously, it’s yummy.
5. Because there are no better tortillas outside of your grandma’s kitchen than these:
…and everyone knows it:
4. That time they proved they totally understand women:
3. When they offered the most Texan wine stoppers in the history of ever:
Is there a classier way to cork an open wine bottle? I assert that there is not.
2. The way they know you’re hungry when you go grocery shopping:
So they set up private chefs to cook you some delicious food!
1. …And thirsty
Why yes, I would like to sample a Dos-a-Rita! How did you know H-E-B?