Vacation starts tomorrow. You can’t put off packing any longer.
You’ve made the packing list. You’ve gathered your favorite belongings around your suitcase. Now comes the hard part. Getting it all in there. Is this mission impossible? Need some packing tips?
Whether it’s a weekend getaway or a three-week road trip, these packing hacks will help you fit, fold, and fool your suitcase into holding everything you need.
15. Kick the cat out of the bag.
Even if it’s simply adorable…
14. Transform straws into tangle savers by stringing necklaces through and clasping.
13. Protect your clothes from dirty shoes by putting each pair in a shower cap.
12. Stuff your shoes with socks or other small items.
11. Roll ’em up instead of folding your clothes. You’ll be surprised at the space it saves.
Plus it helps prevent wrinkles, too.
10. Keep belts coiled and collars sharp in one easy step.
9. Repurpose mint or gum containers to pack small items like earrings.
This can help you keep track of tiny treasures…and hide them from others.
8. Stop wrinkles with dry cleaning bags.
Lay clothing inside the bag, then fold. The plastic prevents permanent creases.
7. Nestle q-tips in an empty medicine bottle.
6. Use a contact lens case to hold just enough lotion or makeup for a short trip.
5. Seal your leakables with plastic wrap.
4. Create a mini-pharmacy out of an old glasses case.
Allergy pills. Stomach meds. Cold capsules. Whatever you might need. Take one or two instead of the whole box of each. As long as you can still identify what’s what!
3. Cozy your breakables inside your socks.
Just be careful when you go to put them on.
2. Download a novel or two and leave the bulky books behind.
1. Keep the contents of your crammed case fresh by adding a dryer sheet.
It won’t take up much space!