1. When the car becomes an oven...make good use of it.
2. Hit the river with some good tunes.
3. Find some cold water and dive right in!
4. Indulge in some frosty beverages.
5. Make your own AC...just because you can.
6. Straight up take a nap in the Frio.
7. Fry an egg on the sidewalk just to prove how hot it is.
8. Seek out shaded patios with misters.
9. When all else fails, get a kiddie pool.
10. Keep a koozie on you at all times...for emergency party situations
11. Live inside a mosquito net to avoid exsanguination.
12. Venture deep within the earth to find some shade.
13. No cooler? No problem!
14. Eat sno-cones so enormous they'd give Godzilla brain freeze.
15. Host a "splash mob" and squirt random strangers with water guns.
Texas summers are insane, but Texan’s aren’t. We have adapted to the infernal temperatures that leave northerners melting into the sidewalk. Texans have learned just how to handle the hottest time of the year and all that it entails. When the ravenous mosquitos arrive we simply laugh in their pointed little faces as we coat our houses in citronella wax. When the thermometer reaches triple digits and it’s not even half way into June, we just plunge into the nearest body of water and pretend we don’t notice it rapidly evaporating.
Check out the slideshow above for 15 more genius ways Texans deal with summer.